100 is the magic number
There's nowhere to run! You're going to need to officially record 100 hours of supervised driving including 10 hours of night driving.
Here's the good news though.
Complete 10 hours with us and it will count as 30 hours to get you that head start.
For the rest of your logged hours you are probably going to want to choose a supervisor to take you out on practice. Here are some points to consider before you do.
Choosing your supervisor
It's important to pick the right person to be your supervisor as you work your way through your log book hours.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing your supervisor:
- Someone that is experienced, calm natured and patient. If Mum and Dad are stress-heads then look elsewhere.
- Someone that is supportive, positive and who will give you objective and constructive criticism as you progress.
- You need someone that isn't super busy and can commit sufficient time towards your driver training.
- Ideally you want someone that clearly has a great understanding of safe driving techniques and an exemplary driving record.
- And obviously they need to know the road rules of Queensland and make an effort to stay informed about changes to these rules.
- Please ensure you are insured to drive your supervisors car prior to hopping in and driving away!
Choose wisely. It’s very easy to pick up hard to shake bad habits from your supervisor.
If you're not in a driving school car you will need to have your L plates displayed at the front and rear of your vehicle. And remember they have to be visible from 20m away.
WARNING: You and your supervisor can both get a hefty fine if you don't display your L plates. Worse yet, you'll also get two demerit points so do not risk it. And if you don't need to display those L plates remember to take them off as well or you could get fined too. Except of course if you're a driving instructor.